Thursday, March 06, 2014

Diablo 3

I've been pretty quiet this week because I gave into the foul beast that is Diablo 3. I reinstalled the PC version the other day after reading that the latest patches leading up to the release of the expansion pack, Reaper of Souls, had greatly improved the game. On top of that, Blizzard is shutting down the thrice damned gold and real money Auction House, which made me insanely happy.

I had given up on the PC version when the reviews of the PS3 version came out saying it was a much better experience. I picked that up and really liked it. The drop rates for gear were much more in line with what was seen in Diablo 2 and that made for a much more enjoyable experience. The 2.0 patches for D3 PC have made it fall in line with that of the PS3 version, even better actually. I still haven't found any set gear yet, but seeing as how I'm about level 60, I would expect that my chances on seeing some set gear will greatly improve. Where I rarely ever saw a legendary item drop, I've had several now. All of these changes have made me feel good enough about D3 that I went ahead and pre-ordered the expansion.

I still wish that the character builds were more in line with that of D2, or better yet Path of Exile, but once I hit level 60 and can start amassing Paragon points, I may feel a bit differently about the character progression.

I hope that this isn't the end of what we'll see for D3. D2 only had 1 expansion though, so I'm not going to hold my breath.

At any rate, I've been feeding the addiction lately, but I will likely take a break once I get my barbarian to 60 so I don't get burned out before RoS hits. Plus, it'll give me a chance to finish my rulebook and start doing some serious work on the setting and converting aliens and such with reckless abandon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.