Tuesday, June 02, 2015

I know, I know...

Yeesh, it's been a long time since I've posted much of anything lately. I am back home from my work detail, but I haven't had a lot of time to write...well...that's not entirely true. This last weekend I allowed myself to get sucked back into Civilization V. I played the Germans to a science victory by 1922 over the weekend, so I think that I've got that out of my system for a while...maybe...

However, I've been mulling some things over. The release of White Star has me blowing the dust off of my Alternity/D20 Modern/SWN Frankenstein's Monster of a game. Plus, I'm still dealing with a some pretty serious writer's fatigue. I don't know that I can even truly call it writer's fatigue rather than general fatigue from work, travel, home obligations, etc. that have sapped my desire to do much more of anything other than veg out when I get home. I can't say whether or not I'm going to do much work with it or just stick with Savage Worlds and Rogue Space, but we'll see.

On the gaming front, though, I ordered a copy of Star Wars: Imperial Assault (and I'm going to place an order for the first round of character packs shortly). I like Descent, which IA uses a very close version of that system. It sounds like a load of fun, plus, it's Star Wars. Even if the game stinks, I'm still getting a load of cool miniatures I can use elsewhere, not to mention game boards.

At any rate, I'm feeling the itch to be a bit more creative again. Not sure how much of that will reach the blog as opposed to just getting stuff written in general, but after the last few weeks of just nothing that's a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.