Thursday, January 01, 2015

Looking Ahead

Just like with a lot of people, the New Year is a time of reflection and a moment to pause and look forward to the new year to try and predict the future and set goals for the year's possible achievements. 2014 was a mixed bag, not all bad, but not what I would have liked either. 2015 is starting off with the possibility of being a good year right out of the gate, but we'll see if all the pieces fall into place to make that a reality. That's on the professional side, but this is a gaming blog, so we'll stick with that.

Despite some recent setbacks, work on my Mythic Space setting really kicked off last year and I look to continue the trend into 2015. I'm going to devote more time to getting all the collected rules put together into my big Savage Worlds Core Rules for Mythic Space. I know I've said that I've been close to finished with that project a few times, but each time I look at it I find more things to change. I'm also going to continue work on my Obsidian Portal Wiki transferring information from the old wiki and from posts here to that site, which is serving as the repository for all Mythic Space setting information. I'm also putting together two books covering the races and creatures found in Mythic Space. The first covers sentient species, and is designed more as a book of races. The second deals more with creatures and threats than PC-worthy beings. Seeing as I am supporting two systems, each book will sport stats for both Savage Worlds and Rogue Space like most blog posts.

As for non-sci-fi...I'm just not interested in regular fantasy anymore. Work on my hack of Swords & Wizardry and my monster collection has stalled out. Every now and then I get the itch to dust off The Veil (see here and here), but those itches are easily quelled it seems. I'm not saying that I'm never going to write about anything other than sci-fi/sci-fantasy/space opera ever again, just don't expect it anytime soon.

I do want to thank those of you that stop by this blog and read my musings and hacks of pop culture sci-fi. You all have made it fun to do all this. I hope I've entertained you a bit along the way and that you'll forgive the collecting dust.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.