Saturday, February 08, 2020

Custom Zombicide Characters

I've got a ton of miniatures that I've built up over the years from various board games to single figures I've picked up because I thought the sculpt was cool. I'd spend hours painting figures. That all pretty much stopped when my first son was born. I simply didn't have the time or the money to devote to the hobby anymore.

Fast forward a few years, my kids are older, and I pick up the Zombicide board games. Well, whadaya know? I'm right back in again.


I've only recently started painting again, but I've created a slew of characters for minis that I have. The Zombicide games are great for homebrewing characters, and well, just about anything else you want to add to the game. I've had equipment cards printed, added all sorts of new decks, missions, rules to the "classic" Zombicide (Modern-era), but Black Plague is where I've added a lot of characters just because of the glut of fantasy miniatures I have. I'll share a few every so often (at least that's the plan).

I've created characters for all three versions of Zombicide (Modern, Fantasy, and Sci-Fi). For right now, I'm sticking with Fantasy for now, mostly because that's what I'm working on at the moment. Once the 2nd edition of classic Zombicide is shipped (likely next winter), I'll start updating my characters (and many I've downloaded from other creators) to the new dashboard format and rules. Plus I'm still refining my process for generating Zombicide: Invasion characters.

A quick note: Few of these characters have been thoroughly playtested. Balance with other characters hasn't been hashed out. Really, I don't care about balance in Zombicide. I've found that depending on the mission and the cards drawn, some characters will shine in one game and be quick zombie fodder the next. There are some characters that are extremely tough, or make the game easier, and there are some characters that just don't seem quite stout enough, and I'm OK with that. It's all part of the chaotic fun of the game. (At least for me.) Anyway, if you're a balance-hound, know that unless I've messed up skill name or such, I'm not likely going to pay too much heed to complaints of balance.

Another note: These are not my paint jobs of the miniatures posted. Most of the time, I just do a Google image search to find a paint job I like and add it to the card.

For Gore, I use the Reaper Bones Minotaur (SKU: 77013). I didn't use a picture of the mini since I found that image instead. 

This is Kassandra of the Blade from Reaper (SKU: 14311)

This is Lathula, Female Barbarian from Reaper (SKU: 03019)

This is Lonnia, Female Duelist from Reaper (SKU: 02981)

For Markham, I user Marek Manslayer from Reaper (SKU: 03339)

The figure for Rasputin is from The Adventurers: The Pyramid of Horus board game. I felt the figure fit the fantasy genre more than the modern era. 

This is Sir Richard the White from Reaper (SKU: 02420)

This is Sir William, Peace Maker from Reaper (SKU: 03048)

This is Toshiro Male Ronin from Reaper (SKU: 02533)

This is Yanara, High Sorceres from Reaper (SKU: 02752). (I misspelled the name of the figure, but Reaper misspelled "Sorceres" so it evens out.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.