Sunday, April 28, 2013

Razor Coast



The Razor Coast setting for Sword and Wizardry is out in pdf form. (You can purchase it from RPGnow or from Frog God Games.) I've been waiting for this for a while now, but I ended up settling on the Freebooter's Guide to the Razor Coast for now. The Freebooter's Guide gives players all the base information they need to create characters and get a general understanding of the various factions and what life is like in the Razor Coast. There are three new races (though one is the native humans of the region), new spells, new gods, new weapons/armor/items, and three new monsters. All in all, I'm happy with the purchase. The setting is well-written and therefore interesting. It's a must buy for anyone wanting to play in the Razor Coast.

I mentioned that I settled on just the Freebooter's Guide for now. That's because the main setting book is $40 for a pdf. That's a bit steep for an ebook, in my opinion. Now, I don't have any idea of the costs involved with putting this book together, so don't mistake me when mention the cost. For me, that price is too steep, but I don't expect anyone to change the cost to please me. It costs what it costs. That said, I do eventually intend on picking up the setting book, when it better fits into the budget to do so...though I'll still likely flinch visibly when hitting the confirm payment button...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.