Sunday, October 20, 2013

House System Table of Contents

I'm knee deep in getting my house system (a hack of SWN, Alternity, and D20 Future) written up. As I was working on the Character Creation chapter I figured it would be a good idea to develop an outline of how I think everything should be organized. The main rulebook is going to be (hopefully) more of a toolbox with not much setting material. I just want to get the nuts and bolts finalized before I start adding on the paint and polish. Without further to do, here's my first draft of the Table of Contents for my House System:

1. Introduction
2. Character Creation

  • Overview of Character Creation
  • Ability Score Generation
3. Species
  • Standard Species
  • Hybrid Species
  • Player Generated Species
4. Skills
5. Perks & Flaws
6. Attributes
7. Equipment & Services
  • Weapons
  • Armor
  • General Gear
  • Basic Services
  • Medical Services
8. Systems
  • Combat
  • Character Movement
  • Vehicle Movement
  • Space Tavel
  • Space Combat
  • Skills
  • Environmental Effects
9. Psionics
10. Mutations
11. Cybernetics
12. Robots
  • Robot Creation
  • Robot Examples
  • Robots as PC's
13. Vehicles
  • Land
  • Air
  • Sea
  • Space
  • Mechs
  • Space Stations
  • Vehicle Creation
  • Vehicle Examples
14. Experience & Achievement 
15. GM Resources
  • Planet Generation
  • System Generation
  • Sector Generation
  • Alien Generation (Sentient and Non-Sentient)
  • Factions
  • Society Generation
16. Xenobestiary

The various examples will likely only be a few in each category. (So these rules won't sport all 60 base species available when I finally get a chance to actually play a game in the Galactic Concord setting.) Just enough to show off various techniques for creating aliens, vehicles, starships, and so on. 

2 comments:

Tanner Yea said...

It seems to have been a bit, but what's the status on this hack? It seems pretty awesome and detailed!

kanegrundar said...

It's been put on the back burner, sadly. The project that started off simple, but quickly blew up. I haven't given up on it, but for the sake of actually being able to play sometime soon, I switched gears to Savage Worlds and Rogue Space. I am revisiting these rule upon occasion because I think I have something cool going on here, but it's not my main project for the moment.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.