Monday, October 28, 2013

Phantom Hits

This post is about some behind the scenes stuff, so bear with me. I had over 500 hits on this blog the other day, and over 400 the day before. After the initial "WOW!" factor wore off, I checked my stats to see just where in the hell these hits are coming from and found some really questionable traffic sources. I've seen a few of these before and after a cursory search found that I shouldn't check out those links. Now, this is something that Blogger users have been wanting Google to fix for a long time now. It was just surprising that my little blog was blitzed all of a sudden.

Well, now, I'm seeing a much more believable level of hits from sources that make sense. I don't know what happened, whether those spam sites were shut down or Google blocked them, but I have a much better idea of just how much my ramblings are garnering.

So whatever the case may be, if Google blocked those obvious spam sites that were artifically inflating my blogger ego or whatever, I'm happy to see it.

2 comments:

Adam Dickstein said...

Blogger/BlogSpot seems full of spam and link leeching sites lately that they refuse to do anything about.

Google, get off your Mai Tai sipping, pool lounging butts and protect your damn sites!

kanegrundar said...

All of a sudden most of those sites have drop off my list. There's one russian analytics site that I'm not sure about, but it's not pinging me for anything like the others were. Maybe Google finally did get off their butts and block them? I don't know and can't find anything that says they did, but I feel a lot more confident about my traffic being closer to real now than what it was.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.