Monday, April 01, 2013

Weekend Round-Up

Sadly, due to the holiday weekend, I didn't get to partake in #tabletopday. I had plans to play Dungeon and Candyland with my son, but housework, houseguests, and running around getting in the way. I took some games over to my folks' house yesterday, but it was such a beautiful day that my brothers and I took my oldest son for a walk around the farm. Even though I was bummed that I didn't get to partake in any games this weekend, getting to show my boy the places where I played and grew up when I was his age still made yesterday a good day.

In between watching some March Madness this weekend (I'm still having nightmares about Kevin Ware's broken leg...wow) and playing around with HBOGO (I can finally watch Game of Thrones!!!) I continued to update my "to-do" list of characters that need stats for Marvel Superheroes (FASERIP). Currently, I have 4,382 Heroes, Villains, Alien species, mooks, and Supporting Cast Members statted up from various sources official and not and from various comic companies, other superhero RPG's, and homebrew characters. I have added another 1,945 characters that I would like to stat up so far, and that list is likely to grow. Obviously, I likely won't ever get around to statting up all of those, but as I do work through the list, I'll add mmore appendices to my Titanic Book of Characters series. (The link to those volumes can be found in this post.)

April 17th has been deemed "Swords & Wizardry" Appreciation day. As that day approaches, I'll be posting more about my love of the Swords & Wizardry system, and why it has risen to the top of the retro-inspired pile. Not sure yet what my actual post on the 17th will be about, but I have some ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.