Monday, November 23, 2020

Painted Zombies

 I haven't painted anything for about 12 years after my first son was born. Time was a big factor, plus the cost of keeping up with the hobby. Now, my boys are older, more self-sufficient, and I have a *bit* more time. Plus, I've amassed a pretty sizable collection of miniatures over the years as well thanks to my love of dungeon crawler board games like Hero Quest, Massive Darkness and games like Zombicide. 

I decided a while ago to starting painting again. I acquired a good number of paints and brushes, but it wasn't until after baseball season that I felt I could adequately devote the time to painting so I left it until just last week. Plus, I read about Army Painters dip shaders, and since I'm not trying to win a Golden Daemon, that looked like a fairly quick and easy way to get some minis on the board without a lot of fuss. 

Here's the first batch that I consider complete: 



The first one, the one on the left took me a good 25-35 minutes to get to the point that I felt I was ready for him to be dipped. The second two went quicker, with basecoats getting put on within 10-15 minutes. While I like the shader, I felt it went on far too thick with the dip method even though I like the results. On the next batch that should be ready for dull coat tomorrow, I brushed on the shader, which I felt went much better. 

I'm now moving on to getting my Zombie Crowz painted. I primed them black so about all I'm really painting onto them are their feet/legs, beaks, and eyes. I'm going the extra step of flocking their bases since I'm not wanting to paint their bases, but I want the figures to have a little something extra. I picked up some bird grit from Amazon, so once they are done with paint, I'll get some grit on the bases to look something like gravel. 

I also picked up some Citadel Contrast paints to try out a monochrome scheme on my Night of the Living Dead figures minis as well. Looking forward to trying that out!

It feels good to get some color on some figures. I still have a LOOOOONG ways to go, and I've got more zombies coming with Zombicide 2E likely shipping soon. I'll try to keep everyone posted as my horde grows. 

1 comment:

Brutorz Bill said...

Nice job!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.