Tuesday, April 21, 2015

It must be cold in Hell...

...because Rifts is being licensed as a Savage Worlds setting!!!


I've made it no secret that I love the Rifts setting. It's wild, crazy, makes no sense, and is totally and completely kitchen sink. It's the kind of setting you don't think too much about, you just jump and and enjoy the ride. However, I really dislike the Palladium system. It works OK for Palladium Fantasy, but I've never cared for it for Rifts. I've had a lot of fun with the setting in spite of the system, never because of it. Now that Pinnacle is putting out a Savaged take on the setting (read the press release HERE) I finally have a chance to enjoy a setting I love with a system I love.

This is a good move on Palladium's part. It's no secret that the storied publisher had been/is in dire financial straits. This move in making the setting available for use with a slicker and faster system can only help get more people interested in this setting and help keep Palladium around. (I hope this sells well enough that other Palladium settings may get the Savage treatment...a guy can hope.)

Pinnacle is hoping for a Christmas release, so we should see something this year. Man, between this and Star Wars VII I'm going to be seriously geeking out this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.