Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Yes, I am Alive

Things have been really, really quiet around here. What can I say, things have been hectic around here lately. Nothing major or serious, just enough to keep me from the keyboard. A big part of this is that I've been suffering from a bout of burnout/writer's block. I just haven't been able to get off my arse and do much gaming-wise that doesn't involve a video card. However, I'm starting to feel the itch to get back in the swing of things again. No promises, but I hope to be a bit more active.

First off, I've been morphing Marvel Super Heroes for use with the rules in Mutants & Marvels. The conversion is fairly smooth, but since the author, Tom Doolan, has stated that he's working on an update to the system I may hold off a bit before getting too far into that project.

Mythic Space remains on my mind and I have a few posts in various stages of completion, the foremost being one on Thanos and the Thanosi, which I have re-imagined into an ancient foe of the Prothean Empire. I still need to get the stat blocks written up and it should be good to go.

My 6-year old is starting to get into board games. His current favorite is Dungeon, and is constantly asking to play games like Descent and the various D&D Adventure board games. I've been kicking around some ideas for a game that take advantage of my mountains of figures that blends D&D 4E with Warhammer Quest and Heroquest into an easy to run dungeon crawler. I don't have much other than notes...lots of notes since this is an idea that I come back to every so often with some new ideas and I start back from square one...It's definitely a project I need to bump up to the front burner before my boy gets to the point where dad's games are lame! (Hopefully that will never occur!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.