Continuing my trek through the Al-Qadim MC for creatures to populate the worlds of the galaxy in Mythic Space...
Debbi are pre-sapient creatures found on Azurahl III. They are aggressive pseudo-humanoids whose level of tech in on par with Terran chimpanzees. It is believed that given enough time that these beings could evolve to true sentience. Until that point, contact is restricted, not only for the fear of “polluting” their development, but also to avoid conflict as they are highly territorial and they tend to attack en masse, making them very dangerous even to heavily armed explorers.
Debbi are two-foot tall creatures that look like a cross between a hyena and a baboon. They run on all fours, but their front "paws" are dexterous like hands and are capable of manipulating primitive tools. Their largely canine-like head sports a mouth filled with vicious fangs that they use mostly for intimidation rather than for attack. When they do attack they do so by using makeshift clubs out of chunks of wood and by throwing stones.
Savage Worlds Stats
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8 (A), Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Climbing d6, Fighting d6, Notice d10, Throwing d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 3
Gear: Club (Str+d4) and Rocks (Str+d4 for small rocks or +d6 for larger rocks)
- Fleet-Footed: Roll a d8 when running instead of a d6.
- Size –2: Debbi are relatively small.
- Frightful: Debbi, while consummate cowards, are skilled in Intimidation. They can force a Fear check, but without any penalty to the roll.
Rogue Space Stats
DRM+1 TP A SZ S MV Quadraped (40’) and Climbing (20') AR L DM L HP 3 SP *
Fright: Debbi are skilled in Intimidation and can force a character to make a Empathy check against TN 7. Those that fail must flee or if they cannot, make all skill checks at -2 until they can either get away from the Debbi, have killed/driven off the creature, or passed an Empathy check (roll each roll at the beginning of the character's turn).
These large birds are native to the jungles of Jeduun II, and are among the chief dangers of that already dangerous world. They are typical avian hunters with much of the same traits as Terran raptors, but they can super-heat rocks in their gullets that they then drop on to prey to soften them up before swooping in for the kill.
Elephant Birds stand around 6 feet tall with green feathers and a yellow, wickedly curved beak. They have a strange gullet sack that bulges underneath their beaks made of rough flesh. Males have brighter plumage and red stripes that run form their eyes down their backs and to their tail feathers while females are more of a drab green in color without stripes.
Savage Worlds Stats
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6 (A), Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d8, Notice d10, Throwing d10
Pace: 4; Parry: 6; Toughness: 7
- Claws: Str+d4
- Beak: Str+d6
- Super-heated Stones: Elephant Birds start out combat (when prepared) with three fist-sized stones in their gullets. These stones are incredibly hot, heated by the chemical reactions in their gullets. They fly over and drop these stones (Throwing roll for the check) on their prey. The stone do d10+d4 damage. The d4 is due to the intense heat, so prey that is immune to heat-based attacks or shielded from heat are unaffected by anything other than a large rock falling on their head. They will land and pick up more stones to drop when possible during combat and heating the stones only takes one round.
- Size +1: Elephant Birds are man-sized, with wingspans over 13 feet.
- Flight: Elephant Birds can fly with a Pace of 18" and a Climb of 0.
Rogue Space Stats
DRM+2 TP A SZ A MV Flight (60') AR L DM L/M HP 5 SP *
Super-Heated Rocks: Elephant Birds start combat with three rocks in their gullets than they can drop for M Damage. They can land and pick up more rocks if able during combat. Their beaks and claws do L damage.