Monday, November 08, 2021

Craftcloud and the Dawn of Custom Zombies!!!

 I've been collecting .stl files with the thought of getting my own 3D printer and printing off some of the amazing sculpts I've downloaded. Much like my upcoming (maybe) purchase of a new grill, the various options for 3D Printing sent my head spinning. That's when I found out about CraftCloud. For those of you, like me, that had been living under the proverbial rock when it comes to the world of 3D printing, is a place to upload .stl files and decide on a material and then you get a quote on someone to print the files. To test it out and see just how much it would cost me to have minis printed, I made a small order of 9 minis: 1 survivor, 1 female berserker abomination, 1 fatty cheerleader, 2 schoolgirl walkers, and 4 Hazmat suit walkers. The total with shipping was going to be a little shy of $13 and would be shipped in a week or two, not bad at all.

Fast forward to today, and I just got my minis in. Yes, far longer than the initial estimate, but I'm pretty happy with the result, and even happier about the price. 


Not too shabby. Yes, there are some supports that need to be cut and some flashing here and there to clean up, but for the price I'm really happy with the result. (I'm also really happy about the lightbox I bought from Reaper before the move that I used to take this pic.) So yes, I will be making a bigger order in the very near future. 


In other news, I'm nearly done making character cards for Classic Zombicide. I'm then moving on to finishing up the character cards I've got in the hopper for Invader and Black Plague/Green Horde as well. Be on the lookout for another big dump of characters! After all that is done: back to painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.